Sunday, January 24, 2010

welcome new brothers and sisters

"I should rest" but I'm listless today has been a long and eventful day as has this week with the recent war with the slavers and the freeing of my beloved Sheva from the grips of the slaver Raiden .. I must warn young djinn to guard there true names for such power should never be allowed to fall into mortal hands "they simply do not understand the balance and seek only to serve there own lust for power".

Instead I will write these events as I feel them in a vain attempt to clear my mind, for the choices I make weigh heavy on my heart though I can see no other possible path forward . Ireem is a more complex place these days than it used to be, daily I see djinn wandering aimless lost to there own kind to young to see the wisdom of pooling forces, scattered like leaves in the autumn wind, and this saddens me.

I miss those who have past, those lost to time , good djinn who stood by me and who's place in my heart and can never be replaced. But time eats all things, even the long lived djinn and each new day brings new opportunities.

My heart is gladdened by the return of one once close to me the fae healer nova , for her place was always by my side, She has looked deep within and found her path again returning to the djinn, bringing the man that stands beside her and protects her an undead known as "steven"
who has the rare ability to make me smile and feel at ease. He aided us in the war with the slavers and I have come to trust his judgment and his blade.

As with all things a price must be payed, and mine is payed now in blood, as is the way of the ghul, I bow to hora ma and she alone knows my heart. I do what I must treading as lightly on the earth as I can.

I give thanks to her for I remember a time when I awoke in Ireem when few even understood what a djinn was , let alone respected my people, It seemed like the gods themselves though such a race could not survive in the city, that there was no place for my people in this land, we were .. weak, insignificant. That has changed for there are now many of us and deep in my heart
I hope that I helped to bring that change to pass, and that now the djinn have a place of importance in the hearts minds and dreams of all that walk the sands.

Those that know me well know i ask little of those that follow me mine is not the way of the general mine is the path to self knowledge. I seek only to know myself from the darkest corners of my mind to the lightest moments of joy. This is the true path of the djinn not the hunger for power or money.

I see djinn who seek these things and I wonder what lessons they have learnt from the ages, I leave such greed and pettiness for mortals, let them squabble over coins , titles and the affections of slaves that is there weakness.....perhaps we should use it against them.






No comments:

Post a Comment